There are three new releases this weekend. The most anticipated of the bunch would be Where the Wild Things Are. Directed by Spike Jonze and based on the beloved children’s book of the same name, expect this movie to easily capture the number one spot.
Gerard Butler is back on the big screen with the thriller Law Abiding Citizen. Starring alongside Jamie Foxx, this flick will appeal to the male demographic that want to see things blow up. The R-rating doesn’t help its chances to really make a serious impact in the box office.
It’s October, so the horror films continue with the teen-horror, The Stepfather. With a PG-13 rating, this gives The Stepfather a better chance to gross more, even if the movie is horrible. And talking about horror, the indie phenomenon Paranormal Activity is receiving a wider release this weekend, expanding to 760 theaters. After securing over $7 million last weekend in only 160 sites, it should be interesting if people are still eager to see this film or not.
Here are our predictions…
1. Where the Wild Things Are – $37 million
2. Paranormal Activity – $16 million
3. Couples Retreat – $15 million
4. Law Abiding Citizen – $13 million
5. The Stepfather – $9 million
1. Where the Wild Things Are – $40 million
2. Law Abiding Citizen – $25 million
3. Couples Retreat – $20 million
4. The Stepfather – $15 million
5. Zombieland – $12 million