Studio Estimates for August 28-30:
1. The Final Destination – $28.3 million
2. Inglourious Basterds – $20 million
3. Halloween II – $17.4 million
4. District 9 – $10.7 million
5. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra – $8 million
The 3-D experience of The Final Destination was the winner between two horror movies this weekend, grossing an impressive $28.3 million, the best opening for the franchise. Meanwhile, Halloween II landed the third spot with a $17.4 million gross. Inglourious Basterds had a strong second weekend with $20 million, good enough for the runner-up spot. And District 9 ($10.7 million) and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra ($8 million) rounded out the Top 5.
Check back next weekend when three new releases hit the theaters: Comedies including All About Steve and Extract, plus the action/thriller Gamer.