1. Easter Eggs in Pixar’s “Up” Revealed. From SlashFilm, they point out a good number of subtle and hidden things inside the movie. The Pixar team loves to include easter eggs in their films. For instance, the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story appears in every Pixar film to date. Check out what other things you missed in Up. Warning, the SlashFilm post contains spoilers.
2. Conan O’Brien is about to premiere The Tonight Show. New York Times reports.
And a guest list of his first week’s guests:
Monday, June 1: Will Ferrell and Pearl Jam
Tuesday, June 2: Tom Hanks and Green Day
Wednesday, June 3: Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Sheryl Crow
Thursday, June 4: Gwyneth Paltrow and John Mayer
Friday, June 5: Ryan Seacrest and Chickenfoot
3. Funny or Die: Cam Gigandet beats up Twilight Fans. I’d watch a swarm of little Twilight girls get punched in the face any day. But seriously, this skit is pretty funny.
4. Early Reviews for Terry Gilliam’s new film The Imagination of Dr. Parnassus. Haven’t heard of it yet? You will. This is Heath Ledger’s very last acting role. He actually passed away in the middle of filming, which put Gilliam’s film in jeopardy.
5. Cinematical explains how this summer blockbuster season isn’t having as huge an impact in the box office as usual. With Star Trek just passing the $200 million mark this weekend, and none of the May blockbusters look like they will cross the $300 mark… what’s going on? Surely, there are still a few huge blockbusters to come such as Transformers 2 and Harry Potter. But just maybe since last year was such a monster summer year, we’re getting a bit carried away.