Studio Estimates for Jan. 9-11:
1. Gran Torino – $29 million
2. Bride Wars – $21.5 million
3. The Unborn – $21.1 million
4. Marley & Me – $11.4 million
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button – $9.5 million
It’s a pleasant surprise for me to see the box office results showing the Clint Eastwood drama at the top spot over those horrific, new release mainstream films. But Bride Wars and The Unborn did gross a good amount over the weekend, so it’s not like they bombed.
Next weekend will be a very competitive box office with new releases such as Hotel for Dogs, My Bloody Valentine 3-D, Notorious, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and Defiance. Check back Friday for our predictions.